Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 06:44:25 UTC

Document Security Modification Requirement during Indexing

In our application there is a requirement to change the security on the
document in index/search app Vs the Documentum repository. So that users
who don't have login access to the Documentum system can also view certain
documents in the world browse permission scenario.

Additional constraint is that, we cannot change the ACLs on the Documentum
Repository & the ManifoldCF Authority service should work as it is.

I can think of 2 options to approach this case.

1. As I have a separate SOLR servlet which is indexing documents via
ManifoldCF to SOLR. So this is one place where i can do some modifications
to Add Read security tokens to the special documents.
2. Need to do some modifications in the ManifoldCF Authority Service
Connector so that those special documents doesn't get filtered.

Thanks for any help on this requirement.

Regards
Anupam

Re: Document Security Modification Requirement during Indexing

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
What you will need to do first is inspect the ACLs sent to Solr and
see what they look like.  They are basically Documentum acls with a
prefix placed on them which is the name of your documentum authority.
You will need to find out what ACL you want to add to the list to
provide the proper additional viewing rights - consult your documentum
manual for this.

Seriously, none of us here has much practice in breaking documentum
security, so you may need a documentum expert to help you with that.

Karl

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Document Security Modification Requirement during Indexing

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.