Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/30 21:50:23 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Something's fishy going on: dead server & no log messages

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Paul McFerrin
<pm...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> I have an interesting problem.  First, my Cygwin binary distribution of
> Apache 1.3.22, ater 5 years has STOPPED RESPONDING.  No errors to log and No
> Web Service.

Event viewer?  Does it work if you remove third-party modules like PHP?

Any extra feedback when you start it in the foreground and not as a service

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Something's fishy going on: dead server & no log messages

Posted by Paul McFerrin <pm...@columbus.rr.com>.
Good points.  Why did I not think of this.  First, I have always started
it in the foreground and never as a real service.
As for event viewer most are errors that I have caused with MSI.  Here
is one error for HTTP:
     HTTP namespace reservations are not installed.

No help is available and I certainly don't know what that means....
More messages:
HttpHandlers node *.svc does not exist in System.Web section group.
HttpModules node ServiceModel does not exist in System.Web section group.

All of the above messages are WARNINGS.  Do any have any effects on me.

Other messages:
All compilation assembly nodes do not exist in System.Web section group.