Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Corcoran <to...@moonbade.com> on 2023/01/18 16:23:44 UTC

MalformedInputException: Input length = 1

Hi,

I am working on upgrading my use of the openapi-generator-maven-plugin for
Spring Boot 3. My API gets generated and includes the expected pom.xml &
gradle elements (I only used the former).

Anyway then your plugin is used to copy 62 resourees,
maven-resources-plugin:3.3.0 and I get the message:

 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:3.3.0:resources
(default-resources) on project ABC: filtering
 ...\src\main\resources\v1\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.jar to
...\target\classes\v1\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.jar failed with
MalformedInputException: Input length = 1

Any ideas are much appreciated!!

Re: MalformedInputException: Input length = 1

Posted by Greg Chabala <gr...@gmail.com>.

>  [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:3.3.0:resources
> (default-resources) on project ABC: filtering
>  ...\src\main\resources\v1\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.jar to
> ...\target\classes\v1\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.jar failed with
> MalformedInputException: Input length = 1
>
> Any ideas are much appreciated!!

Maybe don't check JARs into your source code.

Posted by Stanimir Stamenkov <s7...@netscape.net.INVALID>.
Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:38:32 +0200, /Delany/:

> Hi Tom,
> You can turn off filtering if you don't need it. The docs suggest having
> separate folders for plaintext/binary resources
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/filter.html

The docs also mention a configuration to explicitly exclude certain file
extensions from filtering:

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/binaries-filtering.html

--
Stanimir

Re: MalformedInputException: Input length = 1

Posted by Delany <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,