Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch> on 2010/03/10 13:45:59 UTC

Configure wicketpagetest to multi eclipse project layout

Hi *,

i would like to know if someone is using wicketpagetest library in the following environment:

- IDE: Eclipse
- A project contains the webapp (wicket-quickstart).
- Another project contains the tests (integration-tests by usage of wicketpagetest).
- Both are concluded in a parent project with dependency of webapp project in test-project.

The problem is that the application is not deployed / or visible in selenium server and thus the first access to page fails with

Get result: ERROR: element "path:to:component" not found on session.

I think this is because the web.xml file is located in the webapp project and the selenium default configuration points to "src/main/webapp" in the test project.

Is there a way to solve this? My only option for now is to move integration tests to wicket-quickstart project. But this is ugly for configuration deployment issues in the project.

Thanks
Per
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: Design of Locale-aware dropdown list?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
the code to wire this in wicket is straight forward. i can think of
two major flavors:

flavor1: your service retrieves the localized values in which case it
is the model that retrieves the list of choices that is locale aware

add(new dropdownchoice(id, model, new loadabledetachablemodel() { list
load() { return
service.getchoicesforlocale(getsession().getlocale())....

flavor2: your entities are locale aware in which case you would use
the choice renderer to localize

add(new dropdownchoice(id, model, choicesmodel, new ichoicerenderer() {
   string getdisplayvalue(choice c) { return
c.getname(getsession().getlocale());...

all this ultimately depends on how your data is stored in the database
and what the service layer to access it looks like.

-igor

How to dynamtically generate an image via an Ajax link?

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hello, I am playing with JCaptcha. My JCaptcha is working (thanks to WIA book). I also have an Ajax link for a visitor to change the displayed image if he wishes.

I am new in Wicket and I am trying to follow the idea of defining a model for a Wicket image component. However, based on my undersstanding of WIA's implementation of JCaptcha, no model is explicitly set and the book code simply sets ImageResource.

Does anyone out there know how to dynamically updage an image via Ajax link?

Any pointer or info is really appreciated.

Regards.

Re: Configure wicketpagetest to multi eclipse project layout

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
Thanks. Got a little trouble with missing src/main/webapp but setting
the docbase to src/main helped.
A different way would be to create an empty src/main/webapp folder in
the test project.

Cheers
Per

Re: Configure wicketpagetest to multi eclipse project layout

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Hi Per,

Newgro wrote:

> I think this is because the web.xml file is located in the webapp project
> and the selenium default configuration points to "src/main/webapp" in the
> test project.

You can create a com.ttdev.wicketpagetest.Configuration to specify your
webapp root. For
an example of how to make it take effect, see the "Overriding web.xml"
example at
http://wicketpagetest.sourceforge.net/examples.html.

-----
--