Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Guido Sohne <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/09 23:34:15 UTC

displayName support for intake

In creating Velocity forms with Intake, I found a need to have a property to
tag fields with a name that can be consistently used in various forms to let
the user know what the meaning of the field is. Furthermore, it makes sense
to unify all application input related stuff into intake.

There's also a small bug fix where invalid data raised an exception outside
of the try / catch that is supposed to handle these exceptions. This
resulted in getMessage failing to report any validation errors.

Attached is a diff against turbine-2.1-src

Re: displayName support for intake

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/9/01 2:34 PM, "Guido Sohne" <ca...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In creating Velocity forms with Intake, I found a need to have a property to
> tag fields with a name that can be consistently used in various forms to let
> the user know what the meaning of the field is. Furthermore, it makes sense
> to unify all application input related stuff into intake.
>
> There's also a small bug fix where invalid data raised an exception outside
> of the try / catch that is supposed to handle these exceptions. This
> resulted in getMessage failing to report any validation errors.
>
> Attached is a diff against turbine-2.1-src

Can you please use diff -u? When I try to apply your patch, I get this
error:

[152][ ~/checkout/jakarta-turbine ]% patch < intake.diff
patch: **** unexpected `***' at line 8: *** 137,142 ****

Instructions are here:

    <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html>

Also, can you please make sure that your patch is against CVS head? It is
much easier for us to work against CVS than it is released versions.

Thanks,

-jon

--
"Open source is not available to commercial companies."
            -Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft