Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "erich.oliphant" <er...@vantixweb.com> on 2006/04/20 18:04:46 UTC

Tomcat clustering session data

Hi,
I have a situation that requires some information  be shared across a cluster.
 The issue is that the classes that manage this info are not particular to a
given session but global to the application such that at session on all
servers in the cluster would need to read/write to these classes.

I am wondering if there's a way to do this with the Clustering support
directly or would I need to use JGroups or something like that.

THanks

Re: Tomcat clustering session data

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Filip!
--
Len

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hi,

currently the Tomcat 5.0 and 5.5 only supports session replication,
also JBoss to that.
Filip has start a new cluster module and this version supports also
application context replication.
Look at tomcat source catalina/modules/ha and test it.

Peter