Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com> on 2015/08/13 20:43:00 UTC

Contributions not accounted since July in incubator-trafodion repo

Below is the message from Jamie when I reported the above issue to ASF.
However, gselva@dev02.trafodion.org is not a valid email.  It looks like I
missed setting global conf in github to set the user name and the correct
email address. I have corrected this and I believe that it would take care
of future contributions going forward.  For the past commits, I came across
a solution to change the author name
https://help.github.com/articles/changing-author-info

However, I am unable to push the corrected tags because I don’t have the
write permission.  Can  one of the committers please do it for me. The
script needed to change the author name is given below.

Also, is it needed to set up the global setting every time I create a
workspace on a new system ?

#!/bin/sh

git filter-branch --env-filter '

OLD_EMAIL="gselva@dev02.trafodion.org"

CORRECT_NAME="selvaganesang"

CORRECT_EMAIL="selva.govindarajan@esgyn.com"

if [ "$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL" = "$OLD_EMAIL" ]

then

    export GIT_COMMITTER_NAME="$CORRECT_NAME"

    export GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL="$CORRECT_EMAIL"

fi

if [ "$GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL" = "$OLD_EMAIL" ]

then

    export GIT_AUTHOR_NAME="$CORRECT_NAME"

    export GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL="$CORRECT_EMAIL"

fi

' --tag-name-filter cat -- --branches –tags’

End of script – Do not include this line.

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks Dave for following it up. Suresh attempted to change the email id as
given in the link using the script. But it didn't seem to work and we gave
up. It is not clear if it is a permission issue or something else.  It would
be good if we retry the script and figure out why it didn't work.

After I fixed global setting for myself in the VM, the future contributions
were accounted correctly, but the past contributions still have incorrect
email.

Selva

I never followed up on this. Fell through the cracks. Is there anything you
want me to do?

Dave

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Selva,