Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ajit Bhingarkar <ab...@tibco.com> on 2001/04/25 00:11:57 UTC

An issue with specifying IP address

Hi,

This issue may have been addressed earlier, but I could
find any reference in tomcat user documentation or
deployment guidelines.

We are using tomcat (3.2.1) in stand alone mode to run the
configuration webn gui for our product. When a remote
client connects to the configuration server (tomcat)
using machine name of the server, user session gets
created successfully but instead if one types in the
IP address of the server machine, somehow session
is not initialized correctly.

Has anyone reported similar issue ?

Any feedback/work around on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajit