Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 05:40:42 UTC

block over-replicated

I use hadoop-2.0.3. I find when on block is over-replicated, the replicas
to be add to excessReplicateMap attribute of Blockmanager. But when the
block is deleted or the block has the intended number of replicas, the
replicas is not deleted form excessReplicateMap attribute.

I think this is bug.  If my understand may be wrong, please anyboy tell me
when to delete replicas form excessReplicateMap attribute?

Re: block over-replicated

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.
You can reference this function, it remove excess replicas form the map.
    public void removeStoredBlock(Block block, DatanodeDescriptor node)

Re: block over-replicated

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Re: block over-replicated

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.