Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by André Maldonado <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 18:59:57 UTC

Relevance Customization

Hi all.

I want to know if its possible to customize the solr relevance, somehing
like this:

1 - I create a static score for each document and index it.
2 - I change the relevance to Score(Solr) + Score(Static) where the solr
score is equal to 30% of the total score. Mixing the two scores into only
one.

This is defferent of sorting by mine static socre and after by solr score
because I don't want to kill solr score, just give it a little less
importance.

There is a way to do this?

Thank's

"Então aproximaram-se os que estavam no barco, e adoraram-no, dizendo: És
verdadeiramente o Filho de Deus." (Mateus 14:33)

Re: Relevance Customization

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I want to know if its possible to customize the solr
> relevance, somehing
> like this:
>
> 1 - I create a static score for each document and index
> it.
> 2 - I change the relevance to Score(Solr) + Score(Static)
> where the solr
> score is equal to 30% of the total score. Mixing the two
> scores into only
> one.

It can be done with something like q=yourQuery _val_:yourStaticScoreField

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery#fieldvalue

But this adds solr score with static score. I am not sure how to get 30% of solr score. May be something like?

q=yourQuery^0.3 _val_:yourStaticScoreField^0.7