Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Christopher C. Lanz" <la...@potsdam.edu.INVALID> on 2021/01/07 15:47:50 UTC

netbeans Jexcel

Greetings,

I need to use a few of the jxl classes in a NetBeans project.

I have tried to follow the instructions available on-line, although I couldn't find any explicitly for NetBeans 12 in ubuntu. The jar file was downloaded and extracted, and its location placed in the classpath for the project. And yet NetBeans says "the package jxl does not exist".

It seems there's a step that was not detailed in the online solutions.

Here are the classes I need, and the statements that generate the error:

import jxl.Cell;
import jxl.Sheet;
import jxl.Workbook;

Here are the entries in classpath

user/local/netbeans-12.0/netbeans/java/modules/ext/AbsoluteLayout.jar
home/chris/Desktop/java-netbeans-stuff/jexcelapi/jxl.jar

Maybe I need another library, instead of placing this path in the default?

Thanks!

Chris Lanz - Department of Computer Science

340 Dunn Hall, SUNY Potsdam

lanzcc@potsdam.edu  315 268 1547

Impeach and convict NOW!

RE: netbeans Jexcel

Posted by Mike Billman <mi...@qcsoftware.com>.
We used jxl in the past, but currently use apache poi.  Never had any issues with netbeans on either library, although it has been a while since I used either actively.

Mike

Have you used the jxl library before? I do remember using it 4 years ago and all I had to do was to import it through netbeans.

Best regards,

Pfeiffer

Em qui., 7 de jan. de 2021 às 12:48, Christopher C. Lanz <la...@potsdam.edu.invalid>> escreveu:
[...]

lanzcc@potsdam.edu<ma...@potsdam.edu>  315 268 1547