Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Oren Shemesh <or...@qwilt.com> on 2017/01/12 07:56:58 UTC

How to use Traffic Portal

Hello experienced TC users and TC developers,

I am trying to use Traffic Portal, and after reviewing all the
documentation found at http://traffic-control-cdn.net/docs/latest/index.html,
I could not find any documentation regarding the following questions:

1. What is the meaning of the various user 'roles' ?
(operations/admin/portal/steering/etc.)
2. What is the purpose of the predefined 'portal' user ?
3. What should be the role of a user I am adding to the 'users' table, in
order for that user to be able to add delivery services via the portal ?
4. Are there any configurations that need to be done in traffic ops in
order to be able to use the portal, and add DSs through the portal ?
4. Are delivery services created by user X through the portal automatically
assigned to that user ?
5. Can a user edit/delete a DS via the portal ?
6. Is a user assigned to a specific CDN ? If yes, how ? If no, what CDN is
assigned to a DS added by a user via the portal ?
7. Once a user creates a DS via the portal, is there a way for her to
trigger "Queue Updates" and "Snapshot CrConfig" operations, to make the DS
actually do something ?

And last, but not least, looking ahead:

8. In TC 2.0 and TC 3.0, are there plans to significantly change Traffic
Portal, or does it stay mostly the same ?

Thanks in advance for any information, Oren.

--

*Oren Shemesh*
Qwilt | Work: +972-72-2221637| Mobile: +972-50-2281168 | orens@qwilt.com

Re: How to use Traffic Portal

Posted by Oren Shemesh <or...@qwilt.com>.
Thanks Jeremy, indeed most of my questions resulted from the misconception
you have cleared in #3.

Thanks a lot for your elaborate answer !

Oren.

Re: How to use Traffic Portal

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oren,