Posted to users@camel.apache.org by shahed100 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/15 17:48:59 UTC

Camel & Virgo in Eclipse (with Spring)

I am new to Camel / Virgo, but have managed to get Camel working in Virgo, by

1. Adding all the jars in Camel 2.10 release to a Virgo repository
2. Deploying camel-spring bundle (Which then loads camel-core)

3. Deloying a sample app which has only a camelContext which starts a timer
and logs the messages

Now the only problem I have is that I need to deploy camel-spring from the
web interface EVERY time I restart Virgo from eclipse.

   I believe if I remove the "clean" option I may not need to do this, but I
have also tried importing the jar into my workspace and then deploying it as
a bundle.

          While the spring-camel bundle does show up as being loaded for
deployment, it never gets loaded when I start virgo from eclipse, leading to
my sample app to fail.

Ay one with any ideas to help me out ?

Thanks

Re: Camel & Virgo in Eclipse (with Spring)

Posted by shahed100 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Ithink this post may explain my issue :-

http://gnodet.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/spring-dm-aries-blueprint-and-custom.html

Although its dated 2010, I think the problems still remains unsolved even in
Aug 2012 !

I like Spring but would prefer to use blueprint now to see if that would
resolve my camel related issues.

   i.e instead of using Spring xml to create a camel context, use blueprint
in Virgo.

This entire experience makes me think that Karaf / Service Mix may be a
better option for me, but
for some reason I (possibly incorrectly) get the impression that Spring apps
are easier to develop
with Virgo (because of its history with Spring).

I hope I am wrong, and can switch to Karaf/ServiceMix

Re: Camel & Virgo in Eclipse (with Spring)

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I didn't try the Virgo before, but if you are using Apache Karaf or ServiceMix, we just load the camel related feature first ( lots required bundles will be load automatically), then it could be much easy for you to load the application even it just a xml.

--
Willem Jiang

FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com (http://www.fusesource.com/)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Posted by shahed100 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Ok, adding

Import-Bundle: org.apache.camel.camel-spring;version="[2.10.0,2.10.0]"

Causes my app to wait till the pickup directory can be processed, which in
turn loads camel.

Posted by shahed100 <sh...@gmail.com>.
If I place camel-spring-2.10.0.jar in the pickup directory, it sort of works,
but
I still need to re-deploy my app as it loads before camel-spring gets
loaded.

Perhaps I need to add some sort of dependancy in my manifest.