Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/11/25 11:00:03 UTC

Marked for deletion

Hello all,

My index application is a separate process and my search application is part
of web ui. When User performs delete, i want to do mark for deletion.

I think i have no other option other than to update the document, but index
app is a separate process and it uses index writer. In order to update, I am
planning to use RMI and create a single application which does both index
and search and also exposes some search and delete methods.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Regards
Ganesh

Re: Marked for deletion

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:28 AM, Ganesh wrote:
> I need to index voluminous data and i plan to shard it. The client
> may not know which shard db to query. Server will take care of
> complete shard management. I have done almost 50% of  development
> with Lucene.
>
> In case of Solr, i think the client should be aware of which core or
> instance it want to communicate?

See <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch>

The example shows a shards parameter being sent from a client, yes....
but all Solr parameters can be either specified from the client or set
in server-side configuration. So no, a client doesn't need to be aware
of which shards to query.

	Erik

Re: Marked for deletion

Re: Marked for deletion