Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dv...@clever-age.com on 2003/04/14 11:49:33 UTC

Adding goals dynamically

Hi all,

I tried to add pre goals and post goals dynamicaly as i did though that
nothing stopping this. But it doesn't seems to work.
<preGoal name="site:generate">
	<j:forEach var="report" items="${pom.reports}">
		<!--aggregate:addReportControl pluginName="${report}"/-->
		<echo>Adding report control to plugin ${pluginName}</echo>

		<preGoal name="${pluginName}:report">
			<echo>Before report</echo>
		</preGoal>

		<postGoal name="${pluginName}:report">
			<echo>After report</echo>
		</postGoal>

	</j:forEach>
</preGoal>

I can't find anymore any help about the werks taglib as the Jelly site has
been downsized and no taglib help is available at werken...If someone knows to add pre and post goal dynamically...

Thanks. A+. Didier.

Re: Adding goals dynamically

Posted by dv...@clever-age.com.
> It's in now. Many of the problems reported simply aren't present
> because of simplification. I'll post a little summary when I get a
> chance today. But there are only six dependencies on the core:
>
> avalon-api
> plexus
> classworlds
> werkz
> xmlpullapi
> xpp3
>
> It's pure model + a couple tools for unmarshalling the POM using an XML
> Pull parser. No more Jelly/Ant/Betwixt/Digester/BeanUtils or Commons
> stuff. I'm trying to make it self-contained, small and fast. The
> massive leaks occuring I believe are due to the warped Jelly
> interpolation that was being done. This has been replaced with an
> aspect that provides interpolation of values at the last possible phase
> of value resolution. The inheritance process that was based on a
> BeanMap and is gone and has also been replaced by an aspject. You need
> the AspectJ compiler to build Maven. What does this mean for users,
> nothing really. You just have to have the aspectj runtime present. I'll
> post more tidbits later. But yes, the day job has most of my time at
> the moment.

This sounds very great work Jason. What cvs repository is it in ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 05:36, Rafal Krzewski wrote:
> dvillevalois@clever-age.com wrote:
>

> Jason, am I right?

It's in now. Many of the problems reported simply aren't present because
of simplification. I'll post a little summary when I get a chance today.
But there are only six dependencies on the core:

avalon-api
plexus
classworlds
werkz
xmlpullapi
xpp3

It's pure model + a couple tools for unmarshalling the POM using an XML
Pull parser. No more Jelly/Ant/Betwixt/Digester/BeanUtils or Commons
stuff. I'm trying to make it self-contained, small and fast. The massive
leaks occuring I believe are due to the warped Jelly interpolation that
was being done. This has been replaced with an aspect that provides
interpolation of values at the last possible phase of value resolution.
The inheritance process that was based on a BeanMap and is gone and has
also been replaced by an aspject. You need the AspectJ compiler to build
Maven. What does this mean for users, nothing really. You just have to
have the aspectj runtime present. I'll post more tidbits later. But yes,
the day job has most of my time at the moment.

> R.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Adding goals dynamically

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
dvillevalois@clever-age.com wrote:

>>Maybe someone would be able to help?

> I want (and i need) to!!!!!

The problem is that there is a fork in the codebase. The head is
progressing using the existing infrastructure, and Jason has a private
branch (on his HD, not in the CVS) where he modified certain fundamental
things. That branch is probably not healthy enough to be used at the
moment, so Jason is reluctant to check it into HEAD -- most of the
Maven community is using HEAD, not most recent released beta. Checking
that stuff in would essentionally break everyone's toys.

Right now we are waiting for Jason having more free cycles. I imagine
that when that happens, we will have a feature freeze for, a release
followed by "STICK WITH THAT BETA, OR ELSE!" announcement, then
checkin of Jason's stuff followed by a few weeks of fixing/stabilisation
work before another release.

Jason, am I right?

R.

Re: Adding goals dynamically

Posted by dv...@clever-age.com.
> There are many structural changes coming, also in sessioning/reactor are.

Would like to know what is the direction anyway...

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 05:19, Rafal Krzewski wrote:
> dvillevalois@clever-age.com wrote:
>
> > When i use it combined with the reactor, this code does only work for the
> > first project. It seems there is a session-scoped cache or something like
> > this that tell the pre and post goals i add have already been added.
> > Did someone already experienced something like this ???
>
> I thinkt that problems of that kind were reported before. AFAIK session
> propagation aross the Reactor is now working very well. There are many
> structural changes coming, also in sessioning/reactor are. I guess you
> need to be patient...
>
> To bad that Jason is swamped with his day job. I think that it would be
> great if he checked his stuff into a branch so that other people could
> take a look at it. Maybe someone would be able to help?

I pushed it into a new repository early as people wanted to look. I'm
just finishing avalonizing bits here and here. I added a couple aspects
using AspectJ and I will be adding some plexus tests shortly. I put this
there for people interested in looking. It is not for public consumption
i.e. if you can't compile it yourself then it's not for you.

When we arrive at the contracts for each of the individual components
and it can run everything in beta-9 then we'll be ready for 1.0.

There are still many changes I'm pushing in, so please be patient.

> R.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Adding goals dynamically

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 06:10, michal.maczka wrote:
> [...]

I've got a couple experiments running in the basement :-)

> mm

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Adding goals dynamically

Posted by "michal.maczka" <mi...@cqs.ch>.

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
dvillevalois@clever-age.com wrote:

> When i use it combined with the reactor, this code does only work for the
> first project. It seems there is a session-scoped cache or something like
> this that tell the pre and post goals i add have already been added.
> Did someone already experienced something like this ???

I thinkt that problems of that kind were reported before. AFAIK session
propagation aross the Reactor is now working very well. There are many
structural changes coming, also in sessioning/reactor are. I guess you
need to be patient...

To bad that Jason is swamped with his day job. I think that it would be
great if he checked his stuff into a branch so that other people could
take a look at it. Maybe someone would be able to help?

R.

Re: Adding goals dynamically

Posted by dv...@clever-age.com.
Re,

In fact, i now use the following code:

<preGoal name="site:run-reports">
	<j:forEach var="report" items="${pom.reports}">
		<preGoal name="${pluginName}:report">
			<echo>YO!!!</echo>
		</preGoal>

		<postGoal name="${pluginName}:report">