Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 07:33:07 UTC

Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Hi all,
I downloaded Hadoop-1.1.1 tar ball from one of the mirrors and
configured it in psuedo-distributed mode.

Namenode starts fine but datanode fails to start because of version mismatch.

The value of hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check property (related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8209) doesn't help in
this case since the major+minor versions don't match. Sounds like a
bug to me, we seem to have missed changing the datanode version before
the release. Can someone please confirm?

Here is the error:
2012-12-12 22:17:42,251 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException:
Incompatible versions: namenode version 1.1.1 revision 1411108
datanode version 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT revision  and
hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check is enabled
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.handshake(DataNode.java:632)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.java:376)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:309)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:1651)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(DataNode.java:1590)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:1608)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.secureMain(DataNode.java:1734)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1751)

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh.
JIRA created: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9142

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh.

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh.

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks folks.

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks folks.

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks folks.

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks folks.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Zizon Qiu <zz...@gmail.com>.
the version is not match,as the log indicated:
namenode:1.1.1
datanode:1.1.2-SNAPSHOT

hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check only works when version match(relax
just revision check).

you may have a try of hadoop.skip.worker.version.check.
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8968

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch

Posted by Zizon Qiu <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zizon Qiu <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zizon Qiu <zz...@gmail.com>.