Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/14 20:43:47 UTC

.html pages as .jsp pages

Hi,

I need to give my jsp files the extension .html

1. How do I configure tomcat to treat .html files as .jsp files?

2. Off topic? How do I set up Eclipse so that .html files are opened with the same editor as .jsp files and give me all of the syntax highlighting, etc.

Many thanks in advance,

Dola

RE: .html pages as .jsp pages

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

An Offline topic ....... :{

>> Off topic? How do I set up Eclipse so that .html files are opened with the same editor as .jsp

In Eclipse --> windows --> Preference.. -> General -->
                                             Editors --> File Associations

Map the *.html file to Assiociate JSP Editor

Simple  :)

With regards
Karthik

Well, it should be relatively simple. Add the following to your web.xml:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Nix.

________________________________

Re: .html pages as .jsp pages

RE: .html pages as .jsp pages

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
    <!-- The mapping for the JSP servlet -->
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>fork</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>xpoweredBy</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

could you elaborate the business need to do this..?
you would be invoking the JspServlet for pages
for pages which need no Jsp precompilation?

Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.

RE: .html pages as .jsp pages

Posted by Kevin Nash <ke...@rockalltech.com>.
File associations in eclipse are under
the Windows Menu -> Preferences -> General -> Editors