Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org> on 2007/03/16 18:36:03 UTC

[Axis 2] problem running 3/16/2007 nightly build

I downloaded and expanded the war file. I went to localhost:8080/axis2/
to test the installation and got the following errors:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:207)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)

*root cause*

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.jsp.httpbase_jsp.jspInit(httpbase_jsp.java:22)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:74)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:110)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:147)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)

I tried building the war from the binary distribution using ant and that
war file resulted in the same error. Do I need to build from source?

Tammy

--
Tammy Dugan
Computer Programmer

Regenstrief Institute, Inc.
1050 Wishard Blvd., RG5
Indianapolis, IN 46202

(317) 630 - 7346

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Re: [Axis 2] problem running 3/16/2007 nightly build

Posted by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org>.
It looks like the new axiom jars took care of the problem.

Thanks,

Tammy

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: [Axis 2] problem running 3/16/2007 nightly build

Posted by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org>.

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Unfortunately the problem has not been sorted out
Here http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/ I see the size of the
war and the binary are still ~ 2 MB.

Michele

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Thx dims.

Deepal

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I'll try to fix this today.

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Thilina,

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Tammy,

Posted by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org>.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org>.
Tomcat 4.1 and jdk 1.4.2_12

Tammy

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org>.

Posted by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org>.
I tried adding all the dependency jars and still get the following error:

Mar 19, 2007 8:23:58 AM org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet doPost
SEVERE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAP
ModelBuilder: method <init>(Ljavax/xml/stream/XMLStreamReader;)V not found

I need to know what jar to add to get rid of this error

Tammy

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.