Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2008/11/01 19:05:34 UTC

Re: No Such Element Exception when getting document

: I'm on my own and really stuck! The search works but when I click on a
: document I try to open it and this is the error message I receive...
: [[o:Exception]:"java.lang.Exception: Invoke failed: [[o:HitIterator]]->next.

I'm not familiar with the php bridge, but i'm fairly certain thta
exception is indicating that there are no matches from your search, so you
can't ask for the "next" one.  I bet if you asked the HitIterator for it's
length() or if it hasNext() you would get 0/false

I'm guessing your problem is that when the query parser parses your dodId
using the StandardAnalyzer, it probably changes it in some what that isn't
ok given the type of docIds you have.  I bet if you just directly
constructed a TermQuery things would work much better (but that's pure
speculation without knowing exactly how your docId field is indexed.

Incidently, if you have any followup questions....

Please Use "java-user@lucene" Not "java-dev@lucene"

not the java-dev@lucene list.  java-dev is for discussing development of
the internals of the Lucene Java library ... it is *not* the appropriate
place to ask questions about how to use the Lucene Java library when
developing your own applications.  Please resend your message to
the java-user mailing list, where you are likely to get more/better

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#java-dev

-Hoss