Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Vamsi <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/23 11:13:15 UTC

Variant Products

Hi,

       I am stuck up at creating variant products . I want create a product
in three different sizes small,medium and large of different prices .

regards
vamsi

Re: Variant Products

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Vamsi,

This is not the good list for this kind of questions. Please try user@ofbiz.apache.org

Jacques

Re: Variant Products

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Vamsi,

A Virtual Product ("Is VIRTUAL Product"? "Y") can be considered the "top definition" of a series
of variant products.

See WG-9943 for example.

You don't have to create all of WG-9943's variants manually. Can do it automatically.

Go to /catalog/control/QuickAddVariants?productId=WG-9943 . Click on the checkbox labeled "All".
You'll see auto-generated product IDs "WG-994301", "WG-994302", and so on.

Now go to:

1. catalog/control/EditFeature?productFeatureId=9000 and set "ID Code" to "B".

2. catalog/control/EditFeature?productFeatureId=9001 and set "ID Code" to "S".

3. catalog/control/EditFeature?productFeatureId=9002 and set "ID Code" to "3".

4. catalog/control/EditFeature?productFeatureId=9003 and set "ID Code" to "4".

again. You'll see auto-generated product IDs "WG-9943-B3", "WG-9943-B4", "WG-9943-S3", "WG-9943-S4".

Hope that gives you a quick idea of what OFBiz is capable of.

Come back for more info if you can't quickly figure out how to:

1. Create Features at catalog/control/EditFeatureCategories

2. Attach Features to a product at say
    catalog/control/EditProductFeatures?productId=WG-9943

3. Auto-generate the variants at say
    catalog/control/QuickAddVariants?productId=WG-9943

Create an entirely new virtual product, say WG-9943-Vamsi. Try to recreate the same variants that
WG-9943 has, and you'll have learned a very powerful function in OFBiz.

Enjoy OFBiz!

If you've figured things out quickly from this advice, would you consider writing some form of
docs for this particular function? Thanks in advance!

Jonathon

PS: Try to write to user ML at user@ofbiz.apache.org . This list is for discussion of actual
development of functionalities in OFBiz.