Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Richard Feezel <rf...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/08 22:42:34 UTC

[Apache Kerby] proposed updates for Java 9 and later compatibility

My application, which uses Apache Kerby is being updated to use the new
Java Modules structure. Eclipse now flags as errors attempts to access
classes contained in a package that is declared in more than one Jar
(module).

I'm working with OpenJdk-13 and Eclipse 2019-06 (4.12).

I've attached a patch file which segregates classes declared in the
"org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb" and "org.apache.kerby" into new packages
unique to each jar.

One other change is also included. This involves adding two new parameters
to the call to the sun.security.krb5.Credentials() constructor in
has.client.HasLoginModule(). Apparently the constructor for this class has
been modified.

I'm also looking at what's involved in fully "modulizing" Kerby.

I would appreciate it if my patches could be incorporated into 2.0.1.

Richard M Feezel
rfeezel@gmail.com

Re: [Apache Kerby] proposed updates for Java 9 and later compatibility

Posted by Richard Feezel <rf...@gmail.com>.
Thank Colm,

DIRKRB-738 has been created and the patch file attached.

Posted by Richard Feezel <rf...@gmail.com>.
Thank Colm,

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Richard,