Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by QiShu <sh...@eefung.com> on 2017/12/14 12:35:59 UTC

Question about auto created Kafka topics

Hi,

       Coordinator and checkpoint topic will be created automatically by Samza when a task started, but these 2 topics only have one replica, how can I set the num of replicas?

       Thanks.

————————
QiShu

Re: Question about auto created Kafka topics

Posted by QiShu <sh...@eefung.com>.
Hi Jacob Maes,
	Thanks for your help!
————————
Qi Shu

 17/12/15 00:14,“Jacob Maes”<ja...@gmail.com>:

    Samza has configurations for the replication factors used to create various
    topics. Here is how to set each one:

    *Checkpoint*
    task.checkpoint.replication.factor ->
    systems.<kafka-system>.default.stream.replication.factor
    -> 3

    Which means, if "task.checkpoint.replication.factor" is configured, it is
    used. Else if systems.<kafka-system>.default.stream.replication.factor is
    configured, it is used. Else use a default of 3.

    *Coordinator*
    job.coordinator.replication.factor ->
    systems.<kafka-system>.default.stream.replication.factor
    -> 3

    *Changelog*
    stores.<store-name>.changelog.replication.factor ->
    stores.default.changelog.replication.factor
    -> systems.<kafka-system>.default.stream.replication.factor -> 2

    *Intermediate streams *(for partitionBy operator in the high-level API)
    systems.<kafka-system>.default.stream.replication.factor -> 3

    None of them default to 1 replica, so I'm not sure why you're seeing only
    1. Does your job have any of the above properties set?

    What version of Samza is being used?

    -Jake

Posted by Jacob Maes <ja...@gmail.com>.