Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/18 12:15:01 UTC

[SHIRO-737] User tried to override private method

Hello shiro team,

there is a user who tried to override a private method in Shiro 1.3.x
and now wants to upgrade.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-737

I commented on this issue already and with my last comment I realized
that his issue is not a bug at all.

The issue could be changed to question and from major to minor.

That leaves a question: Would it be feasible to make such a field like
"memberOf" configurable? That is the first time I saw such demand and
it could not have possibly even worked and he probably did not even
notice.

Ben

Re: [SHIRO-737] User tried to override private method

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking care of that!

I also add a comment in the issue, I think user should not override a
private method.

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org