Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu> on 2008/12/04 04:08:59 UTC

help.. classloader question

Hi guys.  So I run into this exception below all the time ( using slices
).  If you look at the source code, it is trying to cast a "Variable" to
be "Val".  But then this exception is saying that it can't cast a
"PCPath" to be "Val", which is wrong since PCPath definitely implements Val.

So my next guess is that it has to deal with ClassLoaders.  But instead
of me auditing all of openjpa code to figure this out; Could any of you
let me know if OpenJPA does something funny with classloaders and
plugins?  Or does it create any classloaders?  Any code or classes I
should review to learn about this??

thank you!

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.exps.PCPath
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ExpressionStoreQuery$DataStoreExecutor.getOrderingValue(ExpressionStoreQuery.java:734)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.OrderingMergedResultObjectProvider.getOrderingValue(OrderingMergedResultObjectProvider.java:62)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.MergedResultObjectProvider.next(MergedResultObjectProvider.java:172)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.RangeResultObjectProvider.next(RangeResultObjectProvider.java:102)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.EagerResultList.<init>(EagerResultList.java:35)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.toResult(QueryImpl.java:1233)
         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:995)
         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:848)

Re: help.. classloader question

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
> "PCPath" to be "Val", which is wrong since PCPath definitely implements
Val.
The misleading reading is caused by two different definitions of Val -- one
in kernel and other in jdbc package.

> So my next guess is that it has to deal with ClassLoaders.
No.

See my recent comments on OPEJPA-801.

The tentative fix is revision 724856.