Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/01/13 05:14:27 UTC

shared space

Hi,

The shared space was created some time back. Are the components in there
used/usable/released? Anything in there more suitable for the sandbox
instead?

Is post-2.0.2 the time to take maven-archiver there? What about the
plugin tools?

Just thinking out loud... any thoughts?

- Brett

Re: shared space

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
John Casey wrote:
> I'm +1 for moving maven-archiver there. If you're talking about
> maven-plugin-tools-ant|model|... then I'm -1, since these constitute
> core features of maven (things we brag about in maven releases :)

We don't brag about producing jars/wars/ears? :)

The only reason I pointed at the plugin tools is because they aren't
distributed with Maven and we would conceivably want to upgrade them
without a Maven release. However, since they are closely tied to the
plugin API, I think its sensible to keep them where they are.

- Brett

Re: shared space

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.
I'm +1 for moving maven-archiver there. If you're talking about
maven-plugin-tools-ant|model|... then I'm -1, since these constitute
core features of maven (things we brag about in maven releases :)

I've got some stuff I need to move there, but waiting for the
proprietary side to settle down...at least, I *think* that's a good
place for this stuff.

-John