Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com> on 2006/05/14 00:01:30 UTC

Shale setup

Anybody use shale?  Is there anything special for configuration?  I set up
the shale filter, and it is set to catch everything '/*'.  I have a managed
bean in a page that is used for various things.  I've extended
AbstractViewController, and implemented 'init()'.  It doesn't get called.  I
also tried 'preprocess' and 'prerender', just to see what happened.
Nothing.  My brain is telling me that there must be a place that explicitly
maps that "view" with that managed bean.  Right now, the managed bean is
declared and I'm just using it in the page.  It would seem that shale needs
a little more info.  Like that bean is designated for that page.  Any
thoughts?  Wrong mailing list?

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin

Re: build with eclipse question

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
check out the code w/ Subversion (Tortoise for instance), build w/ maven
(mvn install)

it is also possible to create several eclipse projects (API, SHARED,
IMPL, TOMAHAWK,...) w/ maven
(mvn eclipse:eclipse)

-Matthias

On 5/14/06, Murat Hazer <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> build with maven it is more easy. (i think)
>
> regards..
>

> On 5/14/06, L Frohman <lf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In the wiki:
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Eclipse_IDE
> >
> > under the section:
> >
> > "Eclipse setup example"
> >
> > I am following the steps and everything works up to the last step.
> >
> > the last step is:
> >
> > "Continue importing the 11 myfaces "projects" (the myfaces sub-projects).
> "
> >
> > I don't understand what is necessary here. Can anybody give me some more
> > detail on what to do in this last step?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Lance
> >

> --
> Murat HAZER
> Elektrik-Elektronik Mühendisi - Electrical-Electronics Engineer
> Tel - Phone: +90 222 335 05 80 - 1395
> Cep Tel - Mobile Phone: +90 532 472 00 63
> Blog URL: http://www.projedunyasi.org
> Yahoo Group:

Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18
48282 Emsdetten
http://jroller.com/page/mwessendorf
mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: build with eclipse question

Posted by Murat Hazer <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 5/13/06, L Frohman <lf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Continue importing the 11 myfaces "projects" (the myfaces sub-projects). "

I haven't done it recently, but it's generally just clicking on the ok
button after the dozen-or-so "projects" are displayed.

build with eclipse question

Re: Shale setup

Posted by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com>.
I'm using the bea, formerly m7 nitro tool.  I was a little worried it
wouldn't like the format, but it appears to be just fine with it.

Re: Shale setup

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Shale setup

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.