Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Robert Dean <Ro...@bd.com> on 2021/04/12 16:00:36 UTC

Re: Basic Camel Blueprint Karaf 4.3.0 Custom Distro

Hi JB,

Just a gentle follow-up on any info you may have found on the Karaf Custom Distro. Do you think 4.3.1 had any updates that may help?

Thank you,
Joe Dean

PTO Alert: Apr 2nd - 9th

From: Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>
Date: Monday, March 22, 2021 at 10:02 PM
To: Robert Dean <Ro...@bd.com>
Cc: "user@karaf.apache.org" <us...@karaf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Basic Camel Blueprint Karaf 4.3.0 Custom Distro

EXTERNAL EMAIL - Use caution opening attachments and links.
Hi Robert,

Not yet sorry, my TODO is flooded with Karaf 4.3.1 and ActiveMQ releases preparation.

I will do my best to take a look asap.

Regards
JB

Le 23 mars 2021 à 01:15, Robert Dean <Ro...@bd.com>> a écrit :

Bonsoir JB

Have you had any time to review my issue building a basic camel/blueprint ready Karaf deployment?

Thank you again for your efforts,
Joe Dean

From: Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>>
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 9:43 PM
To: "user@karaf.apache.org<ma...@karaf.apache.org>" <us...@karaf.apache.org>>

EXTERNAL EMAIL - Use caution opening attachments and links.
Hi,

Thanks for the context. I will take a look asap.

Regards
JB

Le 19 mars 2021 à 00:40, Robert Dean <Ro...@bd.com>> a écrit :

Hi JB,

I updated my pom.xml file to include everything in my simple Karaf 4.3.0 unzipped (working) instance.  Attached are my new pom.xml file and 2 files that are the feature lists of the two different instances listing of feature:list. They are identical, so I don't understand why the simple unzip instance works and the custom distro does not. I have maven 3.6.0 installed.

If someone could take my pom.xml file and run mvn clean install to see if it works on their machine, that would be good info to have.  I am also including my blueprint file (basicShell.xml).

Also I using an Ubuntu 1804 VM running on a MacBook Pro.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Joe Dean

PTO Alert: Mar 19th | Apr 2nd | Apr 5th - 9th

From: Robert Dean <Ro...@bd.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 11:19 AM
To: "user@karaf.apache.org<ma...@karaf.apache.org>" <us...@karaf.apache.org>>

Hi JB,

I am sorry, but I am new to Karaf, and Camel. How would I check if I have the "deployer bundle"? I only have what is downloaded from running "mvn clean install" with the pom.xml file in the folder.

I added "aries-blueprint" to the boot features and that did not help.

In a different folder I unzipped Karaf 4.3.0 and add Camel 3.7.0 Repo. Then installed camel-stream and camel-blueprint. That works great. I did a compare of feature:list | grep -I 'blueprint' in both this instance and the instance from the distro build. The only thing missing was 'aries-blueprint-spring', so I also added spring to the dependencies. And now the lists are the same.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
            <classifier>features</classifier>
            <type>xml</type>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>

From: Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 10:10 PM
To: "user@karaf.apache.org<ma...@karaf.apache.org>" <us...@karaf.apache.org>>

EXTERNAL EMAIL - Use caution opening attachments and links.
Hi,

Do you have the deployer bundle in your distribution ?

Can you explicitly define Aries-blueprint as boot features ?

Regards
JB

Le 18 mars 2021 à 01:32, Robert Dean <Ro...@bd.com>> a écrit :

Hello,

I am using Karaf and Camel to design a new product. We are going to distribute using a custom Karaf Distro. I have used the below POM.XML file to create the custom tar.gz file (taken from Karaf 4.x docs). I am able to start the instance, but it does not recognize when I drop the blueprint XML file into the deploy folder.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Joe Dean

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0__;!!AMCWqqRremt4Wx4!BsOebrLW4dKgb4nWjUbW95K8EsPwaaXx0BmzaFZLRPIQq-d8uxiIXeb9iTMw_g$>" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance__;!!AMCWqqRremt4Wx4!BsOebrLW4dKgb4nWjUbW95K8EsPwaaXx0BmzaFZLRPIQq-d8uxiIXeYfguojmQ$>" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0__;!!AMCWqqRremt4Wx4!BsOebrLW4dKgb4nWjUbW95K8EsPwaaXx0BmzaFZLRPIQq-d8uxiIXeb9iTMw_g$> http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd__;!!AMCWqqRremt4Wx4!BsOebrLW4dKgb4nWjUbW95K8EsPwaaXx0BmzaFZLRPIQq-d8uxiIXeYWb9xzvw$>">

    <!--
        contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
        The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
        (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
        the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
           http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0__;!!AMCWqqRremt4Wx4!BsOebrLW4dKgb4nWjUbW95K8EsPwaaXx0BmzaFZLRPIQq-d8uxiIXeZJs2ZJaA$>
        limitations under the License.
    -->

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <properties>
        <karaf.version>4.3.0</karaf.version>
        <camel.version>3.7.0</camel.version>
    </properties>

    <groupId>com.company.productname</groupId>
    <artifactId>prodname-karaf</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    <packaging>karaf-assembly</packaging>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
           <artifactId>framework</artifactId>
            <version>${karaf.version}</version>
            <type>kar</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
            <artifactId>standard</artifactId>
            <version>${karaf.version}</version>
            <classifier>features</classifier>
            <type>xml</type>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.camel.karaf</groupId>
            <artifactId>apache-camel</artifactId>
            <version>${camel.version}</version>
            <classifier>features</classifier>
            <type>xml</type>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
<!--
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <filtering>false</filtering>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/*</include>
                </includes>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <directory>src/main/filtered-resources</directory>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/*</include>
                </includes>
            </resource>
        </resources>
-->
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
                <artifactId>karaf-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${karaf.version}</version>
                <extensions>true</extensions>

                <configuration>
                    <finalName>productname-karaf</finalName>
                    <installedBundles>
                        <installedBundle>mvn:commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6</installedBundle>
                    </installedBundles>
                    <!-- no startFeatures -->
                    <bootFeatures>
                        <feature>bundle</feature>
                        <feature>config</feature>
                        <feature>diagnostic</feature>
                        <feature>feature</feature>
                        <feature>jaas</feature>
                        <feature>shell</feature>
                        <feature>log</feature>
                        <feature>management</feature>
                        <feature>package</feature>
                        <feature>shell-compat</feature>
                        <feature>system</feature>
                        <feature>wrap</feature>
                        <feature>camel-blueprint</feature>
                        <feature>camel-stream</feature>
                    </bootFeatures>

                    <!-- no installedFeatures
                    <installedFeatures>
                        <feature>wrapper</feature>
                    </installedFeatures> -->

                    <archiveZip>false</archiveZip>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

</project>
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.:
This message may constitute an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or a solicitation of interest in them. If this is such a message and you would like to opt out of receiving future advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please forward this e-mail to optoutbygroup@bd.com<ma...@bd.com>. [BD.v1.0]
This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.
Corporate Headquarters Mailing Address: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) 1 Becton Drive Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 U.S.A.

<pom.xml><featureList_4_3_0.txt><featureList_custom.txt><basicShell.xml>

Re: Basic Camel Blueprint Karaf 4.3.0 Custom Distro

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

No problem, sorry for the delay to my answer.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Robert,