Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by I-Feng Lin <i....@squaremetrics.com> on 2019/07/02 11:34:57 UTC

WebSocket/Https connector for Apache Beam (Java)?

Hello all,

I have an Apache Beam pipeline in Java where I would like to read data that
comes from a WebSocket and write data to the server through Https.

I have been looking for some connectors but so far my search was
unsuccessful. I know that it is possible to create custom connectors but I
want to check if there is anything already exists.

Thanks in advance,

Ifeng

Re: WebSocket/Https connector for Apache Beam (Java)?

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
I was not aware of that websocket work thanks for sharing Alexey.
I-Feng a Websocket based IO would be a really nice contribution so
worth to bring it to the project if it is in your plans. Maybe worth
to sync with JB on that.

If by any chance you or any other person is interested in adding an IO
for raw sockets there used to be an UnboundedSocketSource as part of
the Beam Flink runner that was removed recently.
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/8574

I think this could be easily re-wrapped and pushed into its own
module, and I think it would be useful not only for pipelines but also
for demo purposes or interactive stuff like the SQL CLI / IPython
notebooks.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/post/apache-beam-websocket-output <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/post/apache-beam-websocket-output>

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I have a websocket and REST IO about that (I proposed the IO while ago).

As you are not the first one to ask for such IO, I will revive the IO.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré