Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by James Bates <ja...@amplexor.com> on 2002/02/26 14:29:45 UTC

Command-line tools reading in UTF-8

Bad news I'm afraid:

The patch I submitted, which uses Xerces/Xalan to read in the document and send it to Xindice, breaks another aspect. This document:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <cartoons>Tom &amp; Jerry</cartoons>

goes in as:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <cartoons>Tom  Jerry</cartoons>

I haven't been able to find out why this goes wrong, but I suspect it might be
a problem with Xalan... reverting to the original code for AddDocument, the document is added just fine...

Maybe you should go back to the old code until I find out what's going on?

Sorry,
James