Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Johan Snyman <js...@resafrica.com> on 2008/01/30 09:03:14 UTC

Struts - Dojo Problem: Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site ... Operation Aborted

Hi

I’ve been struggling of late to get the dojo-tags working (but that is
another story all together), but have gotten it to the point where finally I
can see a “tabbedpanel” displayed in Firefox. Unfortunately the same code
does not display in IE, giving me rather a pop-up with the text in the
subject line of this mail.

>From HYPERLINK
"http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927917"http://support.microsof
t.com/default.aspx/kb/927917 I quote the MS explanation for the error:

“This problem occurs because a child container HTML element contains script
code that tries to modify the parent container element of the child
container. The script code tries to modify the parent container element by
using either the innerHTML method or the appendChild method.”

Also on HYPERLINK
"http://clientside.cnet.com/code-snippets/manipulating-the-dom/ie-and-operat
ion-aborted/"http://clientside.cnet.com/code-snippets/manipulating-the-dom/i
e-and-operation-aborted/ the explanation is:

“IE does this when you attempt to modify a DOM element before it is closed.”

My application uses Tiles to compose the page.

-          If I add the <sx:header/> tag in the template file, I get the
above mentioned error and after clicking “Okay” IE says the page could not
be found (with no apparent errors in my JBoss terminal.

-          If I move the header tag to the jsp that describes the tile I
want to display the tabbedpanel with, IE does not give me the error, but the
div inside (<sx:div …/>) the tag is displayed in the wrong position, that
is, not inside the tabbedpanel. When I click on any other tab the div is
displayed correctly (even the original). Also I have a filter set up to
handle Hibernate transactions and the filter throws the following error:

09:58:02,281 ERROR [HibernateTransactionFilter] Exception caught when
filtering

ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer:
socket write error

Just for the record, I am using the struts-core-2.1.0.jar file, I use tiles
2.0.3 jars and the struts2-tiles-plugin-2.0.8.jar file.

My question is if anybody else have run into a similar problem and found a
solution. Also if anybody have got any comments on where the <sx:head /> tag
should be and if it makes sense to have it in the tile jsp (except that it
seems to be only solution to get IE to display the page…)

Thanks for reading all the way through this mail! J

Jo

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:20 PM