Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Kramer <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/05 01:44:43 UTC

unable to run EchoHeaders.jws

Hi Folks,

I've been going thru an ibm.developerworks tutorial and also thru the axis documentation and was able to install and validate installation.

I'm able to bring up: http://localhost:8080/axis/ but when I try the Call link to test EchoHeaders.jws I get the following error:

(windows xp, running tomcat 5.5.17)

http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list

        (_) Test http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list
                <soapenv:Envelope>
                        <soapenv:Body>
                        <soapenv:Fault>
                        <faultstring>
                java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java (Access is denied)
                </faultstring>
                        <detail>
                <ns1:hostname>qbal</ns1:hostname>
                </detail>
                </soapenv:Fault>
                </soapenv:Body>
                </soapenv:Envelope>

                http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws
                There is a Web Service here
                Click to see the WSDL

                Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

                Fault - ; nested exception is:
                        java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java (Access is denied)

                AxisFault
                        faultSubcode:
                        faultString: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java (Access is denied)
                        faultActor:
                        faultNode:
                        faultDetail:
                                {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:qbal

Thanks FOlks!
Paul

Re: unable to run EchoHeaders.jws

Posted by Roger Hand <Ro...@PlasticSun.com>.

Kramer wrote:

> I'm able to bring up: http://localhost:8080/axis/ but when I try the Call
> link to test EchoHeaders.jws I get the following error:
>
> http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list
>
>                <faultstring>
>                 java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Apache
> Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 5.5\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
>                 </faultstring>

I also got a FileNotFoundException. I had to create the jwsClasses dir.
Probably my problem was originally caused by incorrect permissions on
WEB-INF.

Re: unable to run EchoHeaders.jws

Posted by Paul Kramer <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Howdy,

Well the answer was simple. I had to change the permission of the jwsClasses directory and the validation "Call a local endpoint that list's the caller's http headers" worked correctly.

FYI - I'm on a Windows XP box with Cygwin running Tomcat. My umask in cygwin is setup to create directories w/755 perms and changing to 777 corrected the 'Access Denied' situation

Paul Kramer <kr...@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Folks,

[...]

                        faultCode:  {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
                        faultSubcode: