Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gavin Mabie <ga...@urbannex.co.za> on 2011/09/26 01:06:19 UTC

Thread problem

Hi all

My Ofbiz is extremely slow - the following error log seems to point to it.

"A web application appears to have started a thread named [ThreadPool-0] but
has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak."

Shutting ofbiz down does not take this away - ofbiz wants to complete this
every time from startup onwards.  Is there a way to manually remove this.  I
checked Thread List in Webtools app but it only lists threads with no option
to remove them.

Any pointers

Gavin

Re: Thread problem

Posted by Prince Sewani <pr...@ymail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

You shall go through the Apache OFBiz Technical Production Setup Guideover here ,
Setting up ServerStats.properties and Cache.properties will tune it fine,even though apart from this you shall
check for the entries in JobSandbox Entity,In case you have multiple entries marked as 'SERVICE_PENDING'
for services with the same name, that could also be a cause to slow it down.

Regards
Prince

That message is a warning. Is it happening on shutdown? If so, that is normal. There is a shutdown hook missing somewhere that no one has bothered to fix. During operation (i.e. everything up to shutdown) this is not a problem, and my guess about the chances that this is causing a performance problem is approximately zero.

Have you tried a profiler to see what is really slowing down your app?

Also, have you tried basic performance settings like the cache properties and such?

-David

Re: Thread problem

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.