Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2009/02/28 08:24:47 UTC

[VOTE] JSecurity's new name

[ ] Ki
[ ] Jsec

The vote will be held open for 72 hours.  A simple majority will
decide the project name.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by David O'Flynn <do...@atlassian.com>.
[X] Ki
[ ] JSec

To avoid the Java links, and because it sounds damn cool.

Dave O'Flynn

doflynn@atlassian.com
+61 2 9262 1443
@daveoflynn

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Allan Ditzel <al...@gmail.com>.
[X] Ki
[ ] Jsec

Voting Ki because should the the project choose to start integrating with
other languages (.NET for example) it can do so without being tied to Java
in its name.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Mar 5, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>
>>> I think that all one needs to do is to make a new KI project and
>>> bulk move the issues over.  Then there's a special "fix it" page
>>> to stick up the loose bits after the move.
>>
>> Great. Let us know when it's done so we don't end up with two JIRA
>> projects.
>
> I have created the KI project on JIRA. I have no bloody idea how to
> export the JSecuiry issues...

Done.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
>> I think that all one needs to do is to make a new KI project and bulk
>> move the issues over.  Then there's a special "fix it" page to stick
>> up the loose bits after the move.
>
> Great. Let us know when it's done so we don't end up with two JIRA
> projects.

I have created the KI project on JIRA. I have no bloody idea how to
export the JSecuiry issues...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Alan,

On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I think that all one needs to do is to make a new KI project and
> bulk move the issues over.  Then there's a special "fix it" page to
> stick up the loose bits after the move.

Great. Let us know when it's done so we don't end up with two JIRA
projects.

Thanks,

Craig

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Fwd: [RESULT] [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Nice short package names with ki.apache.org.  I like that.

Alex

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
I'd like to do all that before we go to 1.0 if possible.

Jira, Mailing lists, website, svn, etc...

Posted by Jeremy Haile <jh...@fastmail.fm>.
> Regarding JIRA, we have to decide if we move the project to Ki and
> rename the key from JSEC to KI.

Yes - I think so.  If we're going to rename the project, let's do it
right.  Everything should be renamed.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Amir Homayoon Ashrafzadeh <am...@avanoc.com>.
Hi all,

I'm new one . I don't know I have right to vote or not . if IU have then
I like Jsec.
[ ]Ki
[x]Jsec

Regards,
Amir

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Joshua Partogi <jo...@gmail.com>.
[X] Ki
[ ] Jsec

JSec sounds weird.

--
If you can't believe in God the chances are your God is too small.

Read my blog: http://joshuajava.wordpress.com/
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/jpartogi

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
> [ ] Ki
> [X] Jsec
I would like to give JSec a chance. It's close to JSecurity, and as far
as I checked on the web, I didn't saw any collision with any java and
security stuff.

The only collision is with the various "Job Service Employer Committee"
in the USA. If it can help people in the IT industry to get a job ... ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Ben <be...@autonomic.net>.
[ ] Ki
[X] Jsec

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> [ ] Ki
> [X] Jsec

I prefer the resemblance to the current name.

/niklas

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Ben <be...@autonomic.net>.
The "none of the above" box was missing from my voting form ;-)

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Jeremy Haile <jh...@fastmail.fm>.

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Feb 28, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> [X] Ki
> [ ] Jsec

For the reasons Les states below, I think Ki is a better choice.

Craig

Re: [VOTE] JSecurity's new name

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
[X] Ki