Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jredden <jr...@matrix-consultants.com> on 2009/08/12 20:13:50 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: TestCase

I ran into this tricky condition wile building a new branch of a project
in subversion.

mvn test

produced

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: TestCase;
nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: TestCase
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: TestCase

I was confused since I had a junit-4.4.jar correctly configured.

After scratching my head for a while, the problem was solved.

I run maven from the command line, but do my editing in eclipse europa.
I *didn't* have junit-4.4.jar configured in eclipse.  Once I configured
it in eclipse all was well.  Reason:  I have both eclipse and maven
using the same target area (.../target/<all that stuff>)

Just a heads up to the list for a tricky challenge.