Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/17 15:47:12 UTC

-Dmaven.artifact.threads in conjunction with -B

Hi all -

If say, in Jenkins, I've asked for batch mode (-B) AND have specified
-Dmaven.artifact.threads=20, does the -B disable the parallelized artifact
resolution?

Following the log, it seems to be downloading each artifact sequentially,
NOT in parallel with both of these flags.

Am I misunderstanding what these things do?

Re: -Dmaven.artifact.threads in conjunction with -B

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/11/17 Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Hi all -
>
> If say, in Jenkins, I've asked for batch mode (-B) AND have specified
> -Dmaven.artifact.threads=20, does the -B disable the parallelized artifact
> resolution?
>
> Following the log, it seems to be downloading each artifact sequentially,
> NOT in parallel with both of these flags.
>
> Am I misunderstanding what these things do?

Yes :-)
-B just disable some "stream" view in the console.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com