Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2015/08/05 14:44:28 UTC

Cleaning up our build tooling projects

Hi,

we have several different build tooling projects spread across our code base
- bundleplugin
- maven-obr-plugin
- scrplugin - with several sub projects for ant, maven, bnd
- tools/mangen
- tools/maven2/felix-archetype
- tools/maven2/maven-felix-plugin
- tools/maven2/maven-osgi-plugin
- tools/maven2/osgi-archetype

>From this list, I have the feeling that we can get rid off the whole
tools stuff as this is pretty old, obsolete and not maintained at all.
For sure we should keep the bundleplugin and the scrplugin but I'm not
sure about the maven-obr-plugin?

Once we have agreed on the stuff to keep, I suggest we move all of these
tools into the tools directory to clean up our root directory.

WDYT?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Cleaning up our build tooling projects

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 05.08.15 um 07:44 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> Hi,
>
> we have several different build tooling projects spread across our code base
> - bundleplugin
> - maven-obr-plugin
> - scrplugin - with several sub projects for ant, maven, bnd
> - tools/mangen
> - tools/maven2/felix-archetype
> - tools/maven2/maven-felix-plugin
> - tools/maven2/maven-osgi-plugin
> - tools/maven2/osgi-archetype
>
> From this list, I have the feeling that we can get rid off the whole
> tools stuff as this is pretty old, obsolete and not maintained at all.
> For sure we should keep the bundleplugin and the scrplugin but I'm not
> sure about the maven-obr-plugin?
>
> Once we have agreed on the stuff to keep, I suggest we move all of these
> tools into the tools directory to clean up our root directory.

If no one complains by next week, I'll remove everything except the
bundlep lugin and the scr tooling

Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I've now removed all tooling projects which I think are obsolete. If I
accidentally removed something which shouldn't, we can easily add it back.
I've also moved all tooling related projects into the "tools" directory
and cleaned up the reactor pom.

Regards
Carsten