Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by cromo <cr...@gmx.net> on 2003/10/19 18:34:54 UTC

How to access the ServiceManager within a flowscript?

Hello,

I'm using Cocoon v.2.1. Is there a way, to access the ServiceManager within
a flowscript? I need this to lookup for a component, I had created before.

Thanks.

Best regards

RE: How to access the ServiceManager within a flowscript?

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
From: Stephan Coboos

> From: "Upayavira"
>

> > Don't know about a ServiceManager, but you can do
> > var component= cocoon.getComponent(<your role string>);
> > to get a component.
> >
> > Regards, Upayavira
>
> Thanks a lot. Is there another documentation avaible about
> the methods of the cocoon object because the docs on the
> cocoon 2.1 seems to me not to be actual enough. Or where else
> I can find more informations about the FOM-Objects and their
> methods (except from the one from the cocoon page)?

Try the Cocoon docs ;-)
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html

Cheers,
Reinhard

Re: How to access the ServiceManager within a flowscript?

Posted by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net>.
> Don't know about a ServiceManager, but you can do
> var component= cocoon.getComponent(<your role string>);
> to get a component.
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Thanks a lot. Is there another documentation avaible about the methods of
the cocoon object because the docs on the cocoon 2.1 seems to me not to be
actual enough. Or where else I can find more informations about the
FOM-Objects and their methods (except from the one from the cocoon page)?

PS: The ComponentManager in Cocoon 2.1 is declared as "deprecated" an will
be replaced by the ServiceManager.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.