Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/21 01:20:21 UTC

Do I nead a page spec to use BeanForm message catalogs?

Seems like it.  If I remove the page specification from my WEB-INF,
the beanform spits out the the ugly message catalog default properties
displays like [EMAIL].

Thanks,
Bill

--
"Budgets are moral documents."

     -- Ann Richards

Re: Do I nead a page spec to use BeanForm message catalogs?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yes. Otherwise anyone in the world could just download your
.properties files without asking you. :)

On 11/21/06, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It DIDN'T work, but I found out the problem.  I keep my page templates
> under the context root (adjacent to WEB-INF).  When my page.properties
> file was there, it didn't see it.  However, when I put my
> page.properties file under WEB-INF, no problem.
>
> So now I have to keep my page.properties files in a separate directory
> than my page.html files!  Grrrrrr.
>
> Bill
>
> On 11/20/06, D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, there's no reason it shouldn't behave just like the rest of the messages
> > on that page. I just did a quick test without a page spec, and you can still
> > use message catalogs (both [page-name].properties and
> > [application-name].properties). I'd do a quick
> >
> > span jwcid="@Insert" value="message:email"
> >
> > outside the BeanForm (but on the same page) just to verify that whatever
> > behavior you're seeing is not BeanForm-related.
> >
> > Let me know what you find,
> >
> > Daniel
> >

> > On 11/21/06, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Seems like it.  If I remove the page specification from my WEB-INF,
> > > the beanform spits out the the ugly message catalog default properties
> > > displays like [EMAIL].
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bill
> > >
> > > --
> > > "Budgets are moral documents."
> > >
> > >      -- Ann Richards

> "Budgets are moral documents."
>
>      -- Ann Richards

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: Do I nead a page spec to use BeanForm message catalogs?

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.