Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Sten Aksel Heien <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/21 00:17:13 UTC

Example site - Product catalog

Hi

Yet another sample site (subsite):
http://www.solvkroken.no/ekat/produkter/HK_00/index.html

This is a static built site showing a product catalog.
The generated html files have been "merged" with other ASP-pages on
webhotel.

Only norwegian product catalog now, but other languages will follow :-)

Some info:
Product data is read from a ERP system.
xCBL Product Catalog standard used as XML source for Forrest in document
generation.
(Also used when editing product info with Chiba/XForms )

Forrest webapp used on Tomcat on intranet.
Forrest site used to build static site.

- Sten Aksel

Re: Example site - Product catalog

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Sten Aksel Heien wrote:
> Some info:
> Product data is read from a ERP system.
> xCBL Product Catalog standard used as XML source for Forrest in document
> generation.

This is cool. Is there any chance of donating any of this, in particular
the xCBL input stylesheets, to the project. This would make a nice
plugin, and would complement my in-development plugin that exports
product information from an OSCommerce system. [1] shows a very early
use (only a single page catalogue at present) whilst [2] is the
OSCommerce version of the catalogue.

Ross

[1] http://www.ourlittlestars.org/catalogue/allocationReport.html
[2] http://www.ourlittlestars.co.uk/shop

Re: Example site - Product catalog

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Sten Aksel Heien wrote:
> Please remove "-Sluk" from link
>
> Here is the catch-phrase:
> Product catalog for S?lvkroken - the biggest supplier of sports fishing
> equipment in Norway, with export all over the world.

Done. Will be published later.

-David

Re: Example site - Product catalog

Posted by Sten Aksel Heien <st...@gmail.com>.
Please remove "-Sluk" from link

Product catalog for Sølvkroken - the biggest supplier of sports fishing

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.