Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Saulius Grigaliûnas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/03 19:22:48 UTC

html

Hello cocoon users,

      I'm giving up after searching google and cocoon mailing list for four
      days. I need to fetch user input from db and show it as-is (it
      may contain html tags).

      My sitemap looks like this:
      <map:pipeline>
              <map:match pattern="test/">
                     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="share/xsp/news.xml"/>
                     <map:transform type="xslt" src="share/xsl/news.xsl"/>
                     <map:serialize type="xhtml" />
              </map:match>
      </map:pipeline>

      with:

      <map:transformer name="xslt" src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer" pool-max="32" pool-min="16" pool-grow="4" />

      and

      <map:serializer name="xhtml" mime-type="text/html" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
                     <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</doctype-public>
                     <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-system>
                     <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
                     <indent>yes</indent>
                     <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
      </map:serializer>
      <map:serializer name="xml" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer" mime-type="text/xml" logger="sitemap.serializer.xml"  pool-grow="4" pool-max="32" pool-min="4">
                     <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
                     <cdata-section-elements>body</cdata-section-elements>
      </map:serializer>

      news.xml content: http://dev.vzg.lt/news.xsp/source
      news.xml result, after serverpages generation:
      http://dev.vzg.lt/news.xsp/result
      xsl source: http://dev.vzg.lt/news.xsl/source
      the result : http://dev.vzg.lt/test/
      it should look like this : http://dev.vzg.lt/goodone.html

      I've seen a few similar problems in the list, but I couldn't
      find a real working solution. Please, help me if you can, I'm
      starting to lose the hope.

--
 Saulius

RE: html

Posted by Mike Dickson <mi...@yahoo.com>.
I tried the Database Actions but found Hibernate a better match for me.

I created my own custom Action and used the Hibernate libraries to return
the data to the pipeline.

If you are doing simple lookup only data gathering of HTML it may be easier
to look at Database Actions.

Good luck,

Mike Dickson

SG>       I've seen a few similar problems in the list, but I couldn't
SG>       find a real working solution. Please, help me if you can, I'm
SG>       starting to lose the hope.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the most important things : I'm using
cocoon 2.1.6 with tomcat 5.0.30. Database - MySQL 4.1.

Looking forward to your answers.

--
 Saulius

Re: html

Posted by Saulius Grigaliûnas <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

Re: html [solved]

Posted by Saulius Grigaliϋnas <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

Thank you, thank you and thank you. With correct usage of esql:get-xml
I got it working.

I attached the original letter with solution for anyone who may seek for
similar help in future.

Cya

--
 Saulius @ 2005.01.04 00:13