Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 04:50:57 UTC

Re: Masking endpoint parameters in logs

Hi

You cannot mask the sftp path part. Camel only masks sensitive data
for credentials like username, passwords etc.
If you want to avoid this, then you can "patch the source code" by
adding mask = true in the source code and rebuild the component.
Or extend the component as sftp2 and set the mask = true.

You are the first to talk about masking the directory folder name for sftp.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Masking endpoint parameters in logs

Posted by Anthony Wu <an...@toasttab.com>.
Thanks for the clarification Claus. I was curious what flag/parameter the
Jira ticket implemented but it sounds that's not accessible without
recompiling the source code, which we'd like to avoid. It is a little weird
but our scenario is just masking the whole "sftp://" path from i.e. route
startup/shutdown/exceptions on not being able to access the directory...
perhaps best is just handling this on a lower level; i.e. log4j.

Best,
Anthony