Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/03/29 13:41:17 UTC

Refactoring the kernel into gbeans + kernel?

I'm starting to hack together a few GBeans to get the feel of things -
my first immediate though was, as a component developer who may wish to
use some GBeans interfaces/classes, should I be dependent on the whole
kernel or just the gbeans packages?

No biggie but I wondered if it'd be a good idea to refactor the gbeans
packages out into a separate jar to make the dependencies for component
developers smaller. e.g. maybe someone might add, say, gbean support
into another container (say Pico / Spring).

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Refactoring the kernel into gbeans + kernel?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
Right now they are fairly coupled together so it doesn't make much
sense to separate them, but when I get a chance to make the final
separation, I think we could move the gbean code out to a different
module.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner