Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Uwe Jans <uw...@t-online.de> on 2021/03/05 13:35:57 UTC

Subversion On Windows Server

Hi all,

searching the web I found "tested on Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003".
Is there a plan to test Subversion against Windows Server 2019?

We have been using Subversion for many years, running on Windows Server 2012
supported by our IT department.
Since Microsoft will stop supporting Windows Server 2012 in 2023, our systems
will be upgraded to Windows Server 2019.
Our IT department refuses to install Subversion as long as there is no
statement about test results under Windows Server 2019.

    --
    Best regards
    Dipl.-Phys. Uwe Jans

Re: Subversion On Windows Server

Posted by Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>.
Den fre 5 mars 2021 kl 15:11 skrev Uwe Jans <uw...@t-online.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> searching the web I found "tested on Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003".
> Is there a plan to test Subversion against Windows Server 2019?
>
> We have been using Subversion for many years, running on Windows Server
> 2012 supported by our IT department.
> Since Microsoft will stop supporting Windows Server 2012 in 2023, our
> systems will be upgraded to Windows Server 2019.
> Our IT department refuses to install Subversion as long as there is no
> statement about test results under Windows Server 2019.

The Subversion project doesn't provide any binary packages and you will
probably get better answers by check with whoever supply the client and/or
server that you are using. For example, if you are using VisualSVN Server
then you should check with them, if you are using TortoiseSVN then you
should check with them.

That being said, I'm using Subversion on Windows 2019 and Windows 10
without any problems.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg