Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2009/10/05 13:19:19 UTC

cocoon 3 - adding new components

Hi all,

I had a chance to play around with cocoon 3 again since one of our
Apache Droids user (Bertil Chapuis) had sent me a patch where he wrote a
cocoon3 component "SolrConsumer" to interact between cocoon and solr.

This consumer is reusable for different usecases since it is based on
with a custom project that I am writing ATM.

I would like to commit this consumer to the cocoon 3 repository pointing
out that the original patch is coming from Bertil. Is that alright with
everyone or do you prefer a patch?

BTW I as well have write access to cocoon3, right?

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Re: cocoon 3 - adding new components

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 13:44 +0200, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had a chance to play around with cocoon 3 again since one of our
> > Apache Droids user (Bertil Chapuis) had sent me a patch where he wrote a
> > cocoon3 component "SolrConsumer" to interact between cocoon and solr.
> >
> > This consumer is reusable for different usecases since it is based on
> > with a custom project that I am writing ATM.
> >
> > I would like to commit this consumer to the cocoon 3 repository pointing
> > out that the original patch is coming from Bertil. Is that alright with
> > everyone or do you prefer a patch?
>
> Bertil isn't mentioned on http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
> which means that he hasn't signed a ICLA yet. Before you commit his
> patch he should either send his ICLA to the Apache secretary (preferred)
> or alternatively he can create a Jira issue that contains his patch if
> it's not too much code.

Ok, I will talk to him. BTW till now we talk about one class (the
corresponding junit test need to be created). I agree that HE should
open the patch to keep the record clean (I have his written permission
where he allows me to include the component in any ASF project, but the
grant on jira is more transparent).

However there are actually as well two Producer that are pretty much
generic and worth another patch (InputStreamProducer and HTMLProducer).

> When you commit the code please add it to cocoon-optional (at least for
> now).

Ok, thanks.

> > BTW I as well have write access to cocoon3, right?
>
> yes

Perfect. Thank you very much Reinhard.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.