Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch> on 2000/09/06 00:16:36 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation XTTransformer.java XalanTransformer.java

stefano@locus.apache.org wrote:

> stefano     00/09/05 10:26:53
>
>   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         XalanTransformer.java
>   Added:       src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         XTTransformer.java
>   Log:
>   added XT transformer and started to add stylesheet caching in Xalan

The caching with the store component cannot be done (at the moment)
because of the algorithm implemented in the ComponentManager part of the
Cocoon class. Today every request to the ComponentManager results a new
instance of the requested component. As soon as the new Avalon release
is ready (which should contain Interfaces to mark classes as ThreadSafe
and alike) the Cocoon class (which acts as the ComponentManager for the
system) can be rewritten to take that into account.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch

no problems with cocoon1.7.4 and xsp's anymore !

Posted by Gabi Brysch <br...@inxnet.de>.
hi,

i don't have the problem anymore with xsp's - with the faq's i got the
solution. i changed
the order of the jar-files in the classpath and i deleted the DOMxxx.classes
in the xml.jar, now it's working - great.

gabi

UML-Diagramm of the cocoon-project ???? where can i find these ...

Posted by Gabi Brysch <br...@inxnet.de>.
hi,

because i'm new to cocoon and i'd like to understand more about i'd like to
know where i can find a uml-diagramm of the architecture ???

thanks, GABI

AW: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation XTTransformer.java XalanTransformer.java

Posted by Gabi Brysch <br...@inxnet.de>.
hi,

I'm new to Cocooon and I don't know how to ask questions if there are
problems during
the use of Cocoon 1.7.4. What informations do I have to post that maybe
somebody can
give me some help ???

I installed the binary distribution together with
	Apache WebServer 1.3.12,
	Tomcat3.1,
	Sun JSDK1.3
	Windows2000
	IE5.00.2920.0000
	Netscape6.02

I got easy samples to work, but if I start using xsp-functions, there are
troubles

like this:

	java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:290)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process
(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:116)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process
(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:123)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess
(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:385)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:305)
	at
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection
(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

maybe somebody might give me a tip where is the problem - or where can I
find some example
files which uses xsp-features !!

thanks GABI

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation XTTransformer.java XalanTransformer.java

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> stefano@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >
> > stefano     00/09/05 10:26:53
> >
> >   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation Tag: xml-cocoon2
> >                         XalanTransformer.java
> >   Added:       src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation Tag: xml-cocoon2
> >                         XTTransformer.java
> >   Log:
> >   added XT transformer and started to add stylesheet caching in Xalan
>
> The caching with the store component cannot be done (at the moment)
> because of the algorithm implemented in the ComponentManager part of the
> Cocoon class. Today every request to the ComponentManager results a new
> instance of the requested component. As soon as the new Avalon release
> is ready (which should contain Interfaces to mark classes as ThreadSafe
> and alike) the Cocoon class (which acts as the ComponentManager for the
> system) can be rewritten to take that into account.

Ouch, that hurts :/ didn't think of it... ok, moving my target to
something else then... better finish up the command line interface and
play around with it... there will be tons of people that won't
understand how it works for the first two weeks... damn, it's as
powerful as heaven, but XLinks are kind of mindtwisting...

Better write some docs as I go along...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.