Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/09/06 20:47:24 UTC

[vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Hi folks,

Please vote on releasing Maven 1.1 Beta 2 as we've been discussing
(that's SVN HEAD which is not significantly changed from beta-1 with
upgrades to a number of plugins to correct issues in the release, as
well as a better validating model).

Vote closes in 72 hours. I will publish the release for internal testing
shortly.

+1 from me.

- Brett

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Lukas Theussl <th...@triumf.ca>.
>Hi folks,
>
>Please vote on releasing Maven 1.1 Beta 2 as we've been discussing
>(that's SVN HEAD which is not significantly changed from beta-1 with
>upgrades to a number of plugins to correct issues in the release, as
>well as a better validating model).
>
>Vote closes in 72 hours. I will publish the release for internal testing
>shortly.
>
>+1 from me.

+1

- Lukas

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 04:47 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Please vote on releasing Maven 1.1 Beta 2 as we've been discussing
> (that's SVN HEAD which is not significantly changed from beta-1 with
> upgrades to a number of plugins to correct issues in the release, as
> well as a better validating model).
>
> Vote closes in 72 hours. I will publish the release for internal testing
> shortly.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

> - Brett

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vincent

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 9/6/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Please vote on releasing Maven 1.1 Beta 2 as we've been discussing
> (that's SVN HEAD which is not significantly changed from beta-1 with
> upgrades to a number of plugins to correct issues in the release, as
> well as a better validating model).
>
> Vote closes in 72 hours. I will publish the release for internal testing
> shortly.
>
> +1 from me.
>
> - Brett

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I updated the schema in subversion and I uploaded it on the web server.

Arnaud

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Carlos,

I'd prefer to wait at this late stage, and in particular think that we
shouldn't release against a beta version of checkstyle (unless you want
to mark the checkstyle plugin as beta and only include it in the 1.1
labelled beta).

Let's hold it over for now. Is that ok?

I don't see a vote from you other than this and the
???issueTrackingUrl??? issue. If that is resolved, are you +1, +0, -1?

If I don't hear from you by tomorrow I'll go ahead as we seem to have
consensus otherwise. Thanks!

Cheers,
Brett

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'd like to release the checkstyle plugin so it supports Java 5,
although depending on a beta version (Checkstyle 4.0-beta5). I'd like
to see a 1.1 supporting java5 as much as possible. Let me know if you
prefer shipping 1.1beta2 with the old checkstyle plugin, latest from
svn or wait till next beta or 1.1 final.

Regards

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> writes:

>Hi folks,

>Please vote on releasing Maven 1.1 Beta 2 as we've been discussing
>(that's SVN HEAD which is not significantly changed from beta-1 with
>upgrades to a number of plugins to correct issues in the release, as
>well as a better validating model).

>Vote closes in 72 hours. I will publish the release for internal testing
>shortly.

>+1 from me.

+1

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 04:47:24AM +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Please vote on releasing Maven 1.1 Beta 2 as we've been discussing
> (that's SVN HEAD which is not significantly changed from beta-1 with
> upgrades to a number of plugins to correct issues in the release, as
> well as a better validating model).
>
> Vote closes in 72 hours. I will publish the release for internal testing
> shortly.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

--
Trygve

[result] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
We have 11 votes, 6 of which are binding:

Binding:
+1 Brett
+1 Emmanuel
+1 Trygve
+1 Jason
+1 Arnaud
+1 Vincent M

Non-binding:
+1 Stephane
+1 Vincent S
+1 Lukas
+1 Henning
+1 Pepper Jobe

Release is on the distribution system and will be announced after the
site is published and mirroring is done.

- Brett

Re: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

RE: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

(But don't forget to wait 1 year and to publish the result of the vote  :-D ).

Arnaud

RE: [vote] release 1.1-beta-2

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

+1