Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2003/11/26 05:57:39 UTC

cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed-2/portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/profiler

Yup a commit  was too big again
I've got to remember to commit smaller chunks

FYI here is the comments from the last commit message

Begin forwarded message:

> From: MAILER-DAEMON@apache.org
> Date: Tue Nov 25, 2003  8:52:25  PM US/Pacific
> To: taylor@apache.org
> Subject: failure notice
>
> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> addresses.
>
> <je...@jakarta.apache.org>:
> ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages larger than 100000
> bytes (#5.2.3)

taylor      2003/11/25 20:52:42

   Modified:    portal   maven.xml
                portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/engine
                         JetspeedEngine.java
                portal/src/sql/hsql create-db-phase2.sql drop-db.sql
                portal/src/webapp/WEB-INF/conf jetspeed.properties
                portal/src/webapp/WEB-INF/conf/ojb repository.xml
                         repository_page.xml
                portal/src/webapp/WEB-INF/db/hsql Registry.script
   Added:       portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/om/desktop
Desktop.java
                portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/profiler
                         ProfileLocator.java ProfilerException.java
                         ProfilerService.java
                portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/profiler/impl
                         JetspeedProfilerService.java
                portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/profiler/rules
                         PrincipalRule.java ProfilingRule.java
                         RuleCriterion.java RuleTypeHandler.java
                portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/profiler/rules/impl
                         AbstractProfilingRule.java
PrincipalRuleImpl.java
                         RoleFallbackProfilingRule.java
                         RuleCriterionImpl.java
StandardProfilingRule.java
                portal/src/sql/hsql populate-db-default.sql
                portal/src/webapp/WEB-INF/conf/ojb TEMP.xml
   Log:
   New Profiler, thus far we have:

   Interfaces, database schema, OJB mapping and start of implementation
for new profiler.
   This will give you all a chance to look at it before I get too far
with the implementation.
   Its taking a bit longer than I figured (really!)

The major changes in design are:
   1. decoupled all the hard-coded logic from J1 into profiling rules
      there is a 'Standard' rule that implements old J1 profiling rules
      there is also a 'RoleFallback' rule that simulates J1 role-based
fallback
      (i haven't completed the implementation yet)
   2. Break out the different kinds of profiling rule criteria:
   	- standard J1 (pagename, mediatype, language, country, user, role,
group)
   	- normalized request parameters (in context of portlet api)
   	- normalized request attributes (in context of portlet api)
   	- normalized request properties (in context of portlet api)
   	- normalized user attributes (in context of portlet api)
   	- normalized CCPP properties
   	- and so on
   3. Profiling is now used to locate both pages and desktops
      The new concept of a desktop will replace and enhance the
modules/navigations/layout/page concept from Turbine