Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com> on 2003/04/30 21:33:59 UTC

svg doc

In the doc reorg work, I have studiously avoided removing any doc. Some has
been moved and consolidated, but all of the preexisting content should still
be there. I did today make one exception to which I draw your attention -- I
removed the section entitled "Converting SVG to a PDF Document":
http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#svg-pdf-conversion
thinking that, while interesting, this is not relevant to FOP, and will
probably confuse users.

If anyone objects, please let me know.

Victor Mote (mailto:vic@outfitr.com)
2025 Eddington Way
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80916
Voice +1 (719) 622-0650
Fax   +1 (720) 293-0044

Re: svg doc

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.
It would seem cleaner to have this (very well-written)
information on the Batik site--so all Batik users can
be aware of it--and add a Forrest <note> on the FOP
SVG page letting them know (1) you don't need to use
FOP for SVG->PDF generation, and (2) referring them to
this information on the Batik site.  (This may also
have the added benefit of routing User ML questions on
SVG transcoders properly to the Batik site.)

Glen

Re: svg doc

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Back from the beach... :-)

On 30.04.2003 21:33:59 Victor Mote wrote:
> In the doc reorg work, I have studiously avoided removing any doc. Some has
> been moved and consolidated, but all of the preexisting content should still
> be there. I did today make one exception to which I draw your attention -- I
> removed the section entitled "Converting SVG to a PDF Document":
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#svg-pdf-conversion
> thinking that, while interesting, this is not relevant to FOP, and will
> probably confuse users.
>
> If anyone objects, please let me know.

Jeremias Maerki