Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dipanjan Mazumder <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2019/09/22 15:53:06 UTC

use of org.apache.flink.yarn.cli.FlinkYarnSessionCli in Flink Sql client

Hi ,
  Thanks again for responding on my earlier queries..
    I was again going through the Flink SQL client code and came across the default custom command-line , few days back i came to know that Flink sql client is not supported in a full fledged cluster with different resource managers like yarn but this "org.apache.flink.yarn.cli.FlinkYarnSessionCli" class seems like is used by the SQL client to establish session with yarn managed cluster.

Am i wrong in thinking this or is there some other use for this class. Please kindly help on the same.
RegardsDipanjan

Re: use of org.apache.flink.yarn.cli.FlinkYarnSessionCli in Flink Sql client

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dipanjan,

I think you are right that it's already been supported to submit a job to cluster via SQL client. This is supported in [1]. Besides, I think that it is not configured in the YAML. It's specified in the CLI options when you start up the SQL client CLI.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8852 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8852>

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dipanjan,

Posted by Terry Wang <zj...@gmail.com>.