Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Brandon Rife <br...@dejazzd.com> on 2001/01/18 21:29:15 UTC

SOAP application development and Internet Paranoia

After many failed attempts of trying to deploy Apache SOAP on a
behind-the-firewall development server we finally figured out that the SOAP
servlet, or something on which it depends, needs access to the Internet
before it will load, presumably, for namespace resolution.  Hopefully
someone can confirm or deny this presumption.

Assuming that SOAP's dependence on Internet access is namespace related and
that we would prefer to develop a SOAP application behind closed doors, what
would be the best way for us to proceed?  If modifying the source for a
development version of Apache SOAP is the only answer, a broad
characterization how difficult a job that would be would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon Rife
Software Engineer
Spectra
brandon_rife@spectramarketing.com <ma...@spectramarketing.com>

Re: SOAP application development and Internet Paranoia

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Those are URIs, not URLs. Nothing in the SOAP code accesses anything
on the net at startup and it works fine behind a firewall or offline.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.

Posted by Rick Kitts <ri...@digitalthink.com>.

Posted by Rick Kitts <ri...@digitalthink.com>.